How we collect personal information and what we do with it
Healthcare Design Leadership (HDL) is a not for profit community interest company (CIC) and membership organisation. We may hold certain personal data on our delegates or parties interested in the courses run by HDL in order to communicate efficiently on matters relating to the business of the CIC.
How we collect your information
From what you tell us, for example:
Information provided by you on the information form on the HDL website; or
information you provide in regard to booking or being a delegate of a course run by HDL
What information we collect from you
We will ask you for:
- Your personal details – such as Organisation name and/or personal name, Business address or personal address and job title/position in company
- Your contact details – such as email address, and phone number
- We may also ask for further information when booking an event, for example dietary requirements
How we use your personal information and why
We use your email address to:
- inform you about upcoming events through
- send you event updates and/or submission details, once you have booked
- inform you of events HDL are partnered with or exhibiting at, for example:
- European Healthcare Design Congress
- Healthcare Estates Conference and Exhibition
- inform you of interesting news and events across the healthcare design industry
How we keep your personal information safe
Access to your personal data is managed securely by a small team who are members of the Faculty / Executive Directors.
We do not share your data with external organisations except where there is value to you, such as a discounted fee for conferences and exhibitions. Only personal name, and organisation name are shared securely with external organisations.
In such circumstances, HDL will always ensure that members’ personal data is securely held and managed by any such external organisation to the same standards as we adopt internally.
You can ask us to delete your information.
If you ask us to delete your information, then all your data will be permanently removed from our records and you will no longer receive any communication from us.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk